Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Double Baby Shower

Over the weekend, we hosted a double baby shower for some of our good friends from college. Krysten and Adam are expecting baby girl Sadie at the end of August, and Alicia and Suellen are expecting baby girl "P" (name technically a secret, although there was much guessing at the shower) in early September. Throwing a joint shower provided an excellent excuse for many old friends to get together. The noise in our living room was deafening for at least the first hour we were all together! We did a co-ed shower, with babies welcome. Bryn's friends Chris, Emily, and Hannah were all in attendance, and they chased each other around the house while screaming with glee, which only added to the chaos. I know I had a really fantastic time, and stayed up way too late as a result. :) We really do need to all get together more often! Hmm, perhaps a reason to re-start our weekly Game Nights?

The boys escaped the chaos by volunteering to go socialize in the backyard while grilling dinner for all the hungry women and children.
Adam and Krysten opening gifts



Alicia and Suellen reading a heartfelt card from Krysten
I actually had to steal these pictures from Pam, since somehow I neglected to take very many of my own. As far as I can remember, though, I don't think that anyone took a picture of the two pregnant ladies together, nor did we get a full-group shot. :(

8 comments:

Moonwatcher said...

Amela,

There's one of the moms and their presents at the end of the foler. Yeah for so much weekend fun!!

Kathy said...

looks like a great time!!

Moonwatcher said...

...oops, "folder"

Cathy said...

I took a few pics of both couples with Alicia's camera. Actually, I went a bit nutsy with their camera, I figured if I took lots, then the odds would be good of getting a few good shots.

Andrea said...

We had a lot of fun - I totally think you should restart game night! Of course, we probably won't be able to attend until Sept thanks to our super busy summer but let us know and we'll attend when we can!

Krysten said...

Thank you so much Amy! Adam, my mom, and I all had a fantastic time and it really was wonderful to see everyone! I just finished my blog and there are a couple of pics on there that you are welcome to steal. I've sent you several e-mails today in regards to getting my pictures actually to you, so please look at those for information regarding what's going on on my end. :) Anyways, it was GREAT to see you and we REALLY do need to get together more often!

Suellen said...

Thanks again, Amy. It was great. We will try to get pics to you soon (although I'm not sure we have one of me and Krysten....), but we are in the middle of floor craziness, so it might be a couple of days.

Melissa said...

what a great baby shower. congratulations to the new moms.