Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

4 Years

In place of my Wordless Wednesday this week, I'm doing a different sort of a photo tribute. I'm still soliciting comments though!!

Ben and I actually celebrated our 4 year anniversary (and I use the word "celebrated" loosely! :)) when we were in Ohio for Origins gaming convention last month. Last week, we finally got around to going in to have our portraits taken. This is a tradition that we started on our 2-year anniversary, when Bryn was the same age that Shay is now. I thought it would be fun to go back and compare how our family has changed just over the past few years:

Here we are on our second anniversary with baby Bryn. It was a lot easier to just get one baby to look at the camera!


This is the three-year anniversary. I was four months pregnant with Shay at the time, thus the strategic placement of Bryn on my lap. :)


And here's this year. Bryn insisted on holding Shay, which would have been really cute, if only Shay hadn't looked so uncomforable!

8 comments:

Kathy said...

cute! Ben looks the same in every picture!!

SlyGly said...

I like the white/blue consistency from year to year! Shay has grown quickly since I started following your blog.

Cathy said...

Kathy said just what I was going to say, how Ben hasn't changed a bit. Although it's so cute how Bryn and Ben have the same smirky smile in this year's picture and you all coordinate in white. The sweet look on Shay's face makes her look less like Ben/Bryn and more like you.

amypfan said...

Ben: "Not only have I not changed, I'm wearing the same doggone clothes!" (....time to buy a new shirt)

Also, for those of you who miss such details, Shay is wearing the same skirt this year that Bryn wore the first year. :)

Tina said...

What a beautiful family pic!

Krysten said...

Too cute! I noticed the skirt and was going to comment on it, but you beat me to it! I think this is a great tradition to have started and since our anniversary is September 16, Sadie will be just a few weeks old this year. If we can get her to look happy at that stage, it should make for a good picture! :)

Carrie said...

I love this tradition, and I love the fact that you wear the same thing every year. I am hoping to get familly portraits for our Christmas card this year... this would be an excellent thing to start!

Melissa said...

great pictures!