Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Cinderellas

So I know I need to get back to blogging. After writing every day in May, I actually miss it. But, as the past few posts have demonstrated, we've had kind of a lot going on here. But I was acutely reminded how out of it I've been when I logged into my Google reader last night. This is how I stalk all of your blogs..... I have them all plugged into my Google reader, then I log onto that once a day (okay, sometimes more than once a day) and read all the posts that it shows me as new. Very nice to have it all in one place. At any rate, last night I logged in for the first time in ages and saw that I have 72 new posts to read from all of you collectively. Ouch. So look for comments from me over the next few days as I attempt to get caught up. :)

As you all know, this past Sunday was Father's Day. We celebrated by playing board games with the Willman and Julius families, which, oddly enough, was what Ben, Eric, and Mike all wanted for Father's Day. Bryn also "helped" me bake Ben's favorite caramel brownies for him. She helped unwrap the carmels, poured in the milk (after I measured it), put in the walnuts, and even stirred for me. Quite the little assistant. She was incredibly proud of helping make Daddy a "treat." And last but not least, Ben also received a frame from the girls with their picture and the lyrics to the following song. If you've not heard this song, watch out--it will make any daddy or daughter cry!


"Cinderella"
by Steven Curtis Chapman

She spins and she sways
To whatever song plays
Without a care in the world
And I'm sitting here wearing
The weight of the world on my shoulders

It's been a long day
And there's still work to do
She's pulling at me saying, "Dad, I need you
There's a ball at the castle and I've been invited
And I need to practice my dancing
Oh please, Daddy please"

CHORUS:
So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone...

She says he's a nice guy
And I'd be impressed
She wants to know if I approve of the dress
She says, "Dad the prom is just one week away
And I need to practice my dancing
Oh please, Daddy please"

REPEAT CHORUS

Well, she came home today
With a ring on her hand
Just glowing and telling us
All they had planned
She says, "Dad the wedding's still six months away
But I need to practice my dancing
Oh please, Daddy please"

REPEAT CHORUS

6 comments:

Joe said...

The pouty look on Shay's face is too cute.

Melissa said...

What a great picture of the girls. Glad that Ben had a good Father's Day!

Everybody keeps telling me how great Google Reader is, but I haven't tried it yet. Maybe I will go for it one of these days!

Kathy said...

awww that is sooo cute!!!! A+ post!

Cathy said...

Yeah, noticed your comments, catching up on lost time. It was a Happy Father's Day, thank you. I love that song too, especially after I heard that Steven Curtis Chapman's 5 year old daughter was killed in an accident, so sad. I get teary whenever I hear it, thinking now she's forever his little Cinderella.

Andrea said...

Awwww :)

just a girl said...

yay google reader!