Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #3

The Thursday Thirteen website didn't "assign" any particular topic this week, so I'm left to come up with my own. I've done a lot of thinking recently about how blessed I am to have so many wonderful people in my life, so here are some shout-outs.... I think basically all of my regular readers will recognize themselves in one category or another. :)

13 Ways This Mama Stays Sane

1. husband/helpmate Ben

2. supportive and loving extended family

3. SAHM friends and commiserates, both near and far, who understand and can keep me laughing about my daily joys and frustrations

4. oldies but goodies (friends from high school and college), who have stuck by me through many seasons of my life, with much good grace and fond memories

5. former co-workers turned mommy friends, who have shared life's recent large transitions

6. single friends who still want to hang out with me, in spite of the fact that I always have rugrats in tow :)

7. married but childless friends who don't let my kids scare them away from the possibility, however remote, of them having children of their own someday

8. working mommy and daddy friends, who tell me how blessed I am to be able to be home with my girls in spite of the occasional bad day

9. small groups, of both the adult and teenage variety, who share their lives with me and lift my family up in prayer

10. Connection Pointe Mom to Mom, for fellowship and the motivation to get up and moving on Wednesday mornings

11. Brownsburg MOPS, who inspire me to new levels of creativity and organization

12. former students, now friends, who remind me that I am young at heart

13. Blogger, Facebook, Yahoo Mail, and Verizon Wireless, who provide me with quick connections to all of the wonderful people in my life :)

6 comments:

libby said...

so, some day i'll move from #6 to #7.... right? :)

you're freaking amazing, my dear - NEVER EVER EVER doubt that, or the gift that you offer your children now in being home... and as they grow up, they will respect you for the decisions you are and have and will continue to make to balance the life of a mother, wife, daughter, teacher, friend... it is not an easy life that you're living. ;)

SlyGly said...

This phase will pass soon and you will miss it, even as you are sleeping in late and reading novels! :)

Andrea said...

I love the category this week. The most common phrase heard around our house recently? "Hannah, sweetie, you're driving Mama crazy and she didn't have that far to go." ;)

Jenibug7 said...

Your whole site changed!! Totally freaked me out when it popped up!!!

Cathy said...

Love the new site! Gotta get me a Cuteness-The Slideshow!

Kathy said...

Love the new layout, it looks really nice. I LOVE the slideshow. Please tell me - how did you do this. I've been wondering how I could display my favorite pictures on my blog and this would be perfect. :)

Have a good weekend, Amy. Hope we can have dinner next week!