Pages

Friday, May 09, 2008

Friday Fill-Ins #4

1. The carrot cake had an extra secret ingredient; it was applesauce! (thanks to Jennie for the recipe!)

2. Dagny and Tela bark through my window at the construction workers in the lot behind our house.

3. Right now, I need a nap..... unfortunately, it is only 8:15 am.

4. My own kitchen is where I went Thursday night; it was a delightful evening of enchiladas, brownies, and games with Derek and Cathy (and Chris). This was especially a rare treat, as both sessions of my usual Thursday night tutoring got cancelled, thus freeing me up for friends and fun.

5. Why does childbirth hurt so much? Not to scare any of you expectant mommas, but really, I couldn't come up with anything that hurt more. It's very worth it though!!

6. All I can think of is the end of May, when I will be done babysitting, can sleep in, will be able to take Bryn and Shay out and about in the nice weather, will be able to spend more quality time with friends, and (hopefully) will have figured out my job status for fall.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a visit with the wonderful Libby, tomorrow my plans include driving to Illinois to celebrate my sissy's college graduation and Sunday, I want to be appreciated (after all, it IS Mother's Day)!

2 comments:

libby said...

yay!!! :)

Melissa said...

mmmm, i have made carrot cake with applesauce before. this post makes me want to search for the recipe and try it again!