Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Fivers

Glynis tagged me to do this, so I figured I'd give it a shot....

What were you doing five years ago?
May of 2003.... finishing up my first year teaching at ZCHS. Ben and I had just gotten engaged, and he was graduating from college. We were also planning our three-month cross-country road trip, working out the itinerary, booking campgrounds, packing, etc. We departed for that after spending a week at Camp Tecumseh at the beginning of June.

What are five things on your to-do list for today?
1. make breakfast casserole for Mom-to-Mom pitch-in
2. hunt down and pack up all of Bekah and Levi's belongings to give back to their parents, as my babysitting gig is now one day from over
3. clean downstairs enough as to make it passable for hosting small group tonight
4. do laundry: lights, darks, and Shay's load
5. spend some time doing online grading
(I originally wrote this at about 7:30 this morning. It is now 4:30, and I have only managed to achieve #1--which then served as both my breakfast and my lunch--due to Shay's incessant screaming as she cuts her first tooth)


What are five snacks you enjoy?
1. anything chocolate: last night Ben brought home the divine treat of raw cookie dough, which is more of a treat than a snack, but still soooo good
2. mixed nuts: light on the peanuts, but heavy on the cashews and almonds
3. chips and queso: I have not yet found a brand of eat-at-home queso that even begins to measure up to that at Mexican restaurants
4. popcorn, ideally with salt and butter
5. cheese: lately Bryn has been obsessed with string cheese, and I have been joining her in most of these snacks

What are five things you would do if you were a billionaire?
1. pay off all our debts, including our house
2. treat friends to vacations with us
3. travel the world
4. adopt lots of babies
5. buy a vacation home on Lake Michigan, for use by my entire family whenever they want


What are five of your bad habits?
1. sleeping too much (or at least wanting to)
2. collapsing at the end of the day instead of greeting Ben with enthusiasm
3. taking too long to return emails, Facebook messages, phonecalls, etc.
4. forgetting what food I already have in the fridge
5. being so busy "getting stuff done" that I don't take time to just play with the girls as often as I should


What are five places you have lived?
1. Illinois - Chillicothe and Dunlap
2. Pennsylvania - Bensalem
3. Butler University - Schwitzer and ResCo
4. Camp Tecumseh - Illinois, Wyandot, and Choctaw cabins
5. Ireland - Cork
(6. Indiana - Indianapolis, Brookston, Zionsville, and Brownsburg)

What are five jobs you've had?
1. Dairy Queen
2. Camp Tecumseh
3. Carmel High School
4. Zionsville High School
5. full-time mommy

What five people do you want to tag?
1. Cathy--hooray for theraputic blogging
2. Alicia--remember that new year's resolution? :)
3. Caroline--to get you back into the habit of "turbo blogging"
4. Andrea--because has been too long since you posted
5. YOU! (I stole that one from Glynis, but I'm very curious to see how far this spreads, as I really don't have a very good concept of how many people read my blog)

5 comments:

Cathy said...

One Day...Woo Hoo!

Andrea said...

Hey! I have a good excuse for not posting. And I'll let you know once I think of it... ;)

Kathy said...

mmm raw cookie dough!

SlyGly said...

Chips and queso sounds outstanding.

Jill said...

I've never had queso!