Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Steppin' to the Bad Side

Last night was the big Mr. Zionsville show, with the 2008 theme being "Steppin' to the Bad Side." Since the vast majority of my readers have never seen this delightful production, I'll keep the sentimental comments brief, and just say that directing it again this year was a really fantastic experience. It was so much fun to get out of the house in the evening, to spend time with kids that I love for three weeks, and to pull together a great production. I absolutely adored all of the contestants (as usual), but the skit kids made me want to run away screaming (as usual). I will definitely miss being with the kids on a regular basis now that it's over!

Contestants dressed as convicts for the opening dance: Daniel, Kevin, Jeff, Chris, Tim, John, Morgan, Richie, Tim, Jordan, Jacob, Brant. Student directors and choreographers: Chelsea, Alena, Elyse, Ali, and Allie. Boys on the floor: Rob, Ben, and Brian.



The pageant may be billed as being all about the boys, but let's face it, the girls are the real power behind the show. :) Directors in blue shirts, stage managers in black shirts and jeans, student directors in black dresses: Laura, Nina, Jill, Allie, Ali, Chelsea, me, and Kelly.

1 comment:

libby said...

AHHH! I love it!!! (and miss it!!)

oh amy!