Pages

Friday, January 18, 2008

Deep Breath

It has been a very, very long week.

Starting last Thursday, Bryn has wanted nothing but Mommy. Mommy's lap, Mommy in sight at all times, no one but Mommy. She absolutely freaks out if I try to leave her, even just for a minute, even just into another room of our house. While normally Ben is met at the door with estatic cries of "Daddy Daddy Daddy!" and Bryn running to hug him, this week Bryn has cried hysterically at the mere sight of him trying to pick her up, because clearly that means that she will be separated from Mommy by a few feet. This has been particularly hard because I've had Mr. Zionsville rehearsal in the evenings. By Wednesday, we gave up on trying to sever the fussy toddler from my side, and she just went with me to rehearsal.

She has also started waking up in the night and crying. She hasn't done that since she was less than a year old. Clearly there is something going on with her, but we don't know what it is. We just know that she is really, really attached to me and won't let me out of her sight. For the time being, it seems, I am tied to Bryn and house.

3 comments:

Krysten said...

This, unfortunately, sounds like it's probably more a case of jealousy than anything else. My mom says I behaved the same way about 3 months after they brought my sister home from the hospital. I had been doing pretty well with everything at first and then all of a sudden, I guess I up and decided that no one could have mommy but me. My mom assures me that this spell eventually passed, but it took a bit of time. I wish I had more optimistic news, but the best I can offer is that eventually, this will pass. :) Hang in there!

Kathy said...

I hope things get better, Amy! I agree with Krysten's assessment-

Carrie said...

Hey Amy,

Thanks for looking me up! I've checked out your blog too... congrats on your beautiful little girls!

Carrie