Pages

Monday, July 23, 2007

Tagged

Libby, I blame this all on you for "tagging" me. But since we just returned from vacation last night and I am trying to avoid the mounds of laundry covering the floor upstairs, and since Bryn has celebrated her return to her own bed by sleeping until 9:00 (and beyond?), I'm looking for an amusement--so here we go.

The Meme Rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

The Facts:
1. I have a scrapbook of every year of my life from 8th grade on. Actually, I have scrapbooks up until my junior year of college, and then I have large boxes of accumulated junk for each year of my life that I swear will make it into a scrapbook someday (probably long after I've forgotten the significance of each item). I started this endeavor in the 8th grade, when my friend Melissa and I decided it would be a fun project for us to work on together. I'm guessing she has managed to avoid the ongoing insanity and junk collection though.

2. I am extremely upset that I woke up with a backache this morning. When I was pregnant with Bryn, the little darling caused my pelvis to misalign in three separate places (who even knew that was possible?), thus landing me in physical therapy for the duration of my pregnancy and chiropractic care over the past year. I was darn close to feeling good again when this pregnancy commenced, and now my back is back to the constant aching. The worst part of this all is that it actually felt pretty good after a week of sleeping in other beds on vacation but now feels cramped up and awful after a night in my own bed. I am desperately hoping that my (extremely comfortable) mattress is not the culprit.

3. When I was in high school, I developed a bit of an obsession with Superman and even went so far as to state that he was clearly my dream man. This may have been in some way related to the then-popular television series "The New Adventures of Lois and Clark" starring Dean Cain. At any rate, Ben won me over during our first Halloween together (my senior year of college) by dressing as Clark Kent for Halloween, complete with a Superman symbol taped under his button-down shirt. I think of all of this now because I am currently wearing Superman pajama pants that I have had since the beginning of college (everything else is in the wash from vacation).

4. I absolutley refuse to touch raw meat. It grosses me out to even see it. Yet I have no problem eating it once it has been cooked by someone else. Okay, sometimes I have a problem eating chicken unless it has been blacked greatly on a grill. But otherwise, I'm good to go. Side note: I also do not like lunchmeat, because the cold, damp texture of it reminds me of raw meat.

5. Stealing the idea for this fact from Libby's post...... I, too, eat Skittles and M&Ms in a very particular order. However, my order is theoretically the opposite of hers: I eat all the ones I don't like first (to get it over with) and save the good ones for the end (so I am left with that taste at the end). With Skittles, this means: purple, yellow, orange, green, red. I also eat them one at a time, but alternating which side of my mouth I chew on, as so to keep my mouth balanced.

6. If I hit the lottery, the first thing I would do would be to pay off my mortage and other bills. The next thing I would do would be to hire a maid, which I think would be really living in the lap of luxury. I absolutely hate cleaning. Love organizing and putting things in their proper places, but dusting, vacuuming, etc. just annoy me.

7. I am absolutely no good at sports. Growing up, my parents hopefully enrolled me in every sort of sports league and dance lesson available, in hopes that we'd eventually find one I was decent at or could at least enjoy. No such luck. I actually can't even go running, due to the fact that I once tore all the tendons in my foot and they grew back funny, thus landing me on crutches during my last two attempts to take up jogging. I have always been intrigued by the concept of crew/rowing, though, and I actually once coached lacrosse, in spite of never having even seen a game played before taking on the responsiblity.

8. Ever since childhood, my stated goal has been to raise 12 children myself (some biological, some adopted). This is actually still my dream, even on days when Bryn is making me crazy. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment.

So here's who I'm tagging:
Melissa, Andrea, Caroline, Crissy, Trisha, Pam, Cathy, and Jen.
Good luck to you all, and apologies in advance. :)

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Hehe I have now posted my blog and tagged other unsuspecting friends! ;)

Libtastic said...

hurray! :) you just made my seemingly miserable day unmiserable? (oooh, the English teacher loves that, don't you?!)

i miss you woman!

Anonymous said...

OK, I did it. That actually is harder than it sounds. -Cathy

Melissa said...

Amy, this is cool. I loved reading all these "facts" about you. I want to do it, but seriously, I do not know 8 people who have a blog! What do I do?

Jenibug7 said...

I finally got a new keyboard and fulfilled this task!
Jen J.