This is a post which requires comments from all of you, even those blog stalkers that often read but never comment.... Ben and I are still neverendingly debating names for this baby, so we decided to ask our friends and family for advice. So here's the question you need to answer: What should we name Baby Girl #2?
We encourage you to submit first names, first-and-middle name combos, and comments on others' suggestions. But before you hit the "comment" button, a few notes on our preferences:
1. We do not want to use any name that starts with a "B." While it can be cute, we are not going to be one of those families that names all their kids with the same first letter, as evidenced by the fact that we have our first 2 boy names ready to go and neither of them starts with a B. So let's just not start down that road. :)
2. We do not want to use any name that ends with the "in" sound, unless the name will automatically be shortened to something else. We realize this sounds picky, but of all the names we have discussed that happen to end in "n," all sound weird to us when paired with "Bryn."
3. Short first names are our preference, as the poor girl will be saddled with the "Meyaard Pfanschmidt" label and will have quite the time with that without having to contend with a long first name as well.
Also, to give you a heads-up, here are our frontrunner names at the moment:
* Madeline Brooke - This was our second-choice name for Bryn, and we still like it and hope to use it at some point. We would shorten it to Maddie. Unfortunately, we know a ton of people whose daughters already have this name, and since both Madeline and Madison are among the most popular names in the US right now, we hesitate to use it. Speaking as one who grew up with one of the most popular names of my generation, I know that it can be very complex to have multiple friends, neighbors, roommates, etc. with the same names as you! So while we like this name, we may just save it for future use when it's not quite as popular.
* Shea / Shay - This is Ben's favorite name at the moment. I have slight reservations, given my friendships with Jason and J.D. Shea in high school and college, but I really do like the name. Our biggest problem with it is that we can't come up with a middle name that would work with it.
And we are open to suggestions!! So, let the fun begin.... NAME THAT BABY!