Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2007

It Might Be the Ears

Just a quick note to let you all know that the MeyPfans are, in fact, still out there. My incredible lack of posts lately has been due to the fact that Bryn has been sick, in a variety of fashions, since last Friday.... meaning the last 9 days. She started by throwing up on Friday evening. Then she was just cranky all day Saturday. Then she started have intense, and incredibly repulsive, diarrhea on Sunday. This continued through Monday. On Tuesday, she woke up screaming at 4:45 and continued to scream for 5 hours straight. On Wednesday, she was perfectly happy, and I thought she was cured, aside from the fact that she refused to eat anything. On Thursday, though, we resumed the intense screaming, and the hunger strike continued. On Friday, we continued with fussiness, constantly wanting to be held, and refusing food. Saturday was more of the same. While we were at our neighbors' house for dinner last night, Jen said, "You know, the only times Elias has ever been truly inconsolable have been when he's had ear infections." Ben asked, "How do you know if they have an ear infection?" Thinking that I was all smart, I replied, "Well, you can tell because they pull on their ears." Jen said, "Not necessarily....." This morning, when I went in to get Bryn up, I found her crying pitifully and tugging on her ear for dear life. This led me to look up symptoms of ear infections online. I learned that signs of ear infections can be a runny nose, diarrhea, waking frequently in the night, intense fussiness, and refusal to eat. Check and check. So Bryn is currently dosed up on some Tylenol, Ben and I feel like terrible parents for not realizing what was wrong with her sooner, and I will be taking her to the doctor tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw poor bryn!!

(kathy) :)