Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Fun and Games

Maybe it's all the time she's spent watching the adults enjoy Game Night, but Bryn has developed quite an interest in board games. Whenever Ben and I play games, she stands at our legs and cries until we hand her some cards so she can feel like she's playing. The other night, I picked her up on my lap when we finished playing Ticket to Ride, and she was so enthusiastic about the trains that she climbed on top of the table and started laying them on the tracks herself. Now she just needs to get a little older, and Ben will finally have someone to game with....

Given the gorgeous weather earlier this week, Bryn and I took a trip to a local park with Cathy and Christopher. Bryn is so proud of the fact that she can walk now that she toddled all over the park and refused to hold my hand for help on the hills. She still falls pretty often, but it doesn't seem to bother her at all--she just hops right back up and keeps going! In spite of her pink shirt and white jewel-studded sandals, I finally saw a little bit of my tomboy emerge, when she crawled into the mulch and started sorting it, relishing in getting dirty. Of course Bryn was immediately attracted to the slide at the park, since it's so much bigger than the one on her playhouse. Good thing there were two mommies there with her--one at the top of the slide and one at the bottom! She also loved the motorcycle rocker on the playground, and my little daredevil even wanted to ride without holding on. However, she screamed bloody murder when I tried to put her in one of the bucket swings, and she looked at Christopher like he was crazy when he enjoyed it. You could just tell that she was thinking, "Are you INSANE? I'll ride handless on a Harley, but there's no way I'm getting near that death trap!" We concluded the trip to the park by a long walk through shady trees and pretty streams. Now it's gray and chilly out again, but I have definitely be struck by spring fever!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. amy, you are beautiful.
2. your daughter is oh-so-cute
3. i miss you both a lot!
4. why did bryn wait two weeks AFTER i saw you to start walking!?
5. love you! :)

Anonymous said...

oh... P.S. that last post is by me... Angie.


:)

Anonymous said...

Amy, you look SO GOOD in that photo! That is such a gorgeous pic of you! -Caroline-in-the-suburbs :)

Oh Libby said...

too ridiculously adorable... oh, and i think i'm going to purchase ticket to ride...

ben should know this...

Melissa said...

A tomboy in jewel-studded sandals. That is great!! Send her my way for biking/camping trips, running marathons, traipsing around in the jungle, and general rolling around in the dirt.

I concur with everybody else's comments-- you look fabulous!

Maria said...

Both Mommy and Bryn look fantastic. I can't wait to see both of you over Easter weekend - you'll also finally get to meet Jason. :)

-Maria