Pages

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Day 32

On Tuesday (Halloween), we went to our house for the first quality check with the field construction manager, Daniel, who is also a magician with some pretty sweet card tricks. We decorated the house in little orange and green dots to indicate places where changes or repairs will need to be made before we take possession. The house looks AMAZING. I love our carpet, and in spite of the fact that I was worried that I wouldn't like our tile in the kitchen, it looks fantastic. At one point, Daniel actually walked into a room and caught me estatically hugging (squishing) Bryn and exclaiming over how much I love it. I love the bigness and whiteness and cleanness of the whole house.

However, it seems that I will soon have the opportunity to mess up that clean, bright, white atmosphere with all our dark, dog-hair-covered furniture. On Wednesday, November 8, we will officially take possession of the house. That's right folks, we are closing in less than a week! We're saving the official move for Friday the 10th and Saturday the 11th (my birthday) so we can recruit friends to help carry heavy (okay, all) items. After waiting this long to move and spending five months with 2/3 of our stuff (and our pets!) in storage, it's finally here. Looks like I have some frantic packing to do!!

1 comment:

themadlibs said...

i want to come to Indiana right now...

:(

I miss you!