Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Daddy's Little Helper

Let the home improvement projects begin! Last night while I was at work, Ben embarked on the large task of installing 5 more wire shelves in Bryn's closet. When he began, she was happily playing in the playroom at the top of the stairs. He says that he told her, "Brynie, if you want to help me, you just come on in." Apparently she tried to follow through on this and did not quite make it before sleep claimed her.

Tonight's project will include putting up the Christmas tree, which hopefully Bryn will manage to stay awake for. As for the house as a whole, the family room, the kitchen, our bedroom, and the nursery are starting to look pretty good, but the rest of the house is still covered with boxes. So I have plenty to keep me busy!! It looks like the new year will also be bringing some excitement for me, as I will be embarking on three big projects in January: helping to direct the Mr. Zionsville pageant again, serving on the girls' Awakening team, and starting 2-3 classes toward my master's in education at IUPUI. So I guess I'll have to get the house beaten into shape before then!!

3 comments:

Crissy said...

Good luck with the tree....just make sure everything is up high. In fact, you might consider putting a "fence" around it. Even though we don't have kids, we still have to "kid -proof" the tree for the cats. Grrrr...

Andrea said...

Very cute pics! And I have to say that I think a baby taking a nap is helping... ;)

themadlibs said...

too freaking cute