Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Day 28

A few days further into the house-building process, and yet more changes. Every time we go out to see the house, I'm amazed at how quickly it's going. The new estimate from the builders is that we can close on November 8. That's not set in stone, but it's close enough to be very exciting! Here's our typical kitchen-to-house shot. The plastic has come off the cabinets, and the blue countertops have been installed.

We had some very special visitors at our house walk-through today--Ben's grandparents. They were en route from Michigan to Florida for their annual winter pilgrimage to a warmer climate, so we got to meet up for lunch, show off the (sleepy, fussy) baby, and show them our new house. They especially like the dark red brick on the outside, which is one of our favorite features as well!

Here's the outside, where you can see that gorgeous brick. Today the builders were working on pouring the cement for our front porch. As you can see, it's starting to look like a real house! Looks like I may be getting move-in for my birthday. Maybe unpacking boxes isn't the best way to celebrate, but I'm sure it will be better than packing them! Besides, this way I can just pretend that I'm opening lots and lots of presents, right?

2 comments:

themadlibs said...

ahh... your hair is getting so long... and by "your hair", I do purposefully mean both you and Bryn! I love BOTH!

I can't believe it's almost Nov., you're moving in a few weeks, and I'm still here in California... what the heck has happened... life has changed just a WEE bit...

we'll connect at some point... not sure when, but at some point, right?

until then... :)

Melissa said...

Your house looks beautiful. Definitely a place where you could raise at least a dozen kids!