Pages

Friday, September 01, 2006

Surfing the Web

So I have decided.... it's clearly not the unemployment or illness that has had me feeling down lately, but rather the lack of my daily dose of blogging. So here we go....

Yesterday was what I hope to be able to declare "the end of the 2-week illness." If so, it was a rather dramatic finish, as the medication I was on to treat my viral/bacterial/sinus infection decidedly did not agree with my body. I'd been having some pretty constant stomachaches since I started on it, but yesterday I threw up shortly after taking it. Now, with the exception of my first four months of pregnancy, I am not a person who throws up unless I am really, really sick. So after Tela licked my hand reassuringly to let me know that she still loves me even though I'm gross, I dragged myself to the phone and 1) called Ben and asked him to come rescue me and 2) called the good doctor to see if I could stop taking the medication. Luckily, the answer to both of those questions was "yes." Before Ben got home, though, I was able to witness the dangers of taking medication while breastfeeding firsthand, when Bryn also threw up all over her crib. Needless to say, we were both VERY glad to see Ben when he arrived to work from home for the rest of the afternoon. Above you will see a picture of him in his officiall SuperDad costume, which involves wearing Bryn's pants on his head.

Whenever I finish blogging (which may be considered an avoidance technique), the plan for this weekend is to log onto Monster.com and the Indy Star online and apply for every reasonable job I can find. I'm pretty much panicked by the very idea of this, as my previous searches have not revealed anything vaguely of interest to me, but I think the time when I had the luxury of applying only for jobs that interested me is long since past. To add a note of humor to an otherwise depressing situation, I have included a photo of Bryn's somewhat misguided attempts to "surf the Web" (perhaps more California-style than online).

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Bryn is the cutest baby ever!