Pages

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Three Sickies

(or four, if you count Elaina, who Bryn infected last week)
Ben never gets sick. I mean NEVER, as in, he has not been to a regular doctor in the six years that I have known him. But as luck would have it, he, too, is now down with this icky sore throat that Bryn and I have been dealing with since last week. As far as I can tell, Bryn is on the mend. Her eye infection is almost cleared up, and she doesn't seem to be fussing about her throat. At least, she's eating everything we put in front of her, whereas Ben and I are pretty much limited to weak broth and popsicles. My throat felt worse every day until today, and now it feels a miniscule bit better, so I'm hoping that I'm on the mend.

As for Ben, he came down with the sore throat yesterday, so all three of us spent the whole day at home, mostly in our pjs, parked on the couches, sipping Dairy Queen products. Ben tried to call the doctor to get a prescription (which I cannot have, since I am still nursing Bryn), but since they don't have a medical chart for him (since he hasn't been to the doctor in 6+ years), they were unable to prescribe one over the phone (go figure).

In addition to the sore throats, I think we are all a little out of it. I, for example, ran my head directly into the car door when trying to reach in for my sunglasses. So I now have a large painful lump in addition to the sore throat and possible start to an eye infection. Ben wins the "out of it" prize though, as he forgot to put a clean diaper on Bryn when he changed her yesterday. We all went on a walk up and down our street last night, thinking that some fresh air would do us good, and just as soon as we got back into our garage, we noticed that a small puddle was forming under Bryn's stroller. We couldn't figure out what on earth it could be, because, as Ben said, "I just changed her!" But when we lifted her out of the puddle of her own pee, we discovered that her onesie was a little flatter than usual, due to there being nothing underneath....

On the up side, for those of you who also read Melissa's blog, at least I am not traipsing through the jungle in search of monkeys while being sick....

1 comment:

themadlibs said...

oh dear...

i feel like i need to kidnap your daughter for the afternoon to let you both mend a bit... hmm, on second thought, i'm thinking that's actually an extremely smart idea... i'm calling you