Pages

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Melissa, Iris, and Nicablogua


On Sunday, Ben and I drove over to Illinois to pick up "Iris," Melissa's beloved Honda Insight. Melissa and Rob left this morning for a year in Nicaragua (on a "remote volcanic island in shark-infested waters"), where Melissa will be studying howler monkeys with a $10,000 piece of equipment in order to earn her anthropology PhD. So Iris is coming to live with us for the year. On the drive home, I was wowed and amazed at the fact that I was getting 60 miles per gallon on the interstate, and even more amazed at the fact that we were getting 120 mpg in town.

At any rate, even though I am an avid reader of Melissa's newest project, Nicablogua, I am desperately going to miss her over the next year. We have been best friends since we were nine years old and playing on the balance beam on the playground at Banner Elementary School. Melissa, Rob, I wish you the best of luck, and I will miss you!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I miss you so much! I am glad you are enjoying Iris' good gas mileage.