Pages

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

D-Day (maybe)

Today is possibly the D-Day of "What I'm Doing With My Life," which does seem to be a popular question these days. I have two job interviews today. One is the third-round interview for the job I would really like, and the other is the second-round interview for a job that would be fine but only entails 10 hours a week and low pay, which doesn't really solve our financial woes. I am hoping that these interviews will lead to some kind of conclusion, although as I watch Bryn scoot around the floor of the office as I type this, I have to admit that if it weren't for those pesky bills that need to be paid, nothing could induce me to leave her during the day. I'm experiencing some serious angst on the whole "day care" issue... don't even get me started.

Also on the "we're poor" side of things, please note that my beloved blog has been overtaken by ads. This is Ben's doing, since he read an online article by a guy who claims to make a 4-figure salary every month simply from the ads on his website. So please feel free to click through all the ads every time you visit our blog, as so to enhance our financial stability. :)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Amy,
I can't believe I called you this morning on an unrelated topic and had no idea you were preparing for 2 job interviews!! Good luck with that; I'm sure something great will come through. In the meantime, I will keep clicking your ads.
Lve,
Melissa

britta said...

Good luck on the job interviews. I hope maybe you're able to figure out a way to work and be at home part-time with Bryn. There's certainly nothing more rewarding then spending every day with our children. I'll be praying for you as you all figure this part out. I know it can be overwhelming. We make it on one salary, it just means lots of planning ahead and many sacrifices, but OH it's completely worth it.

Take care and God bless,
Britta

Caroline-in-the-city said...

HOW DID YOU DO??? I made you 29 cents today. :) Maybe we can retire early now and you won't have to work... lol.