Pages

Friday, July 28, 2006

"SO Big"


Today I went up to school, which I do about twice a week, to work on things for Freshman Kick-Off and Student Council. While there I got to see a ton of kids that I adore--some were meeting with me for various activities and some were there for show choir camp. All of them followed the standard operating procedure for greeting a woman with a cute baby:









STEP ONE: Exclaim over Bryn.
STEP TWO: Get down on knees as to be eye-level with Bryn in her stroller.
STEP THREE: Engage in baby talk with Bryn.
STEP FOUR: "Oh, hi to you too, Amy. Bryn is so cute!"





Today, this typical interaction was followed by a lot of STEP FIVE: "Bryn is getting so big!!!" (Also, for about 5 of them, the optional STEP SIX: "Wow, Amy, your hair is getting really long.") At any rate, I was really surprised by, well, how surprised they seemed at Bryn's size. When I got home, I started looking at pictures and realized that sure enough, that kid just keeps growing.

Here I've posted pictures of Bryn when she was born, Bryn at the end of the school year, and Bryn now. I understand that she's (obviously) a lot bigger than when she was born, but does she really look that much older than the end of the school year? I'm just not seeing it, but then, I do spend every day with her. One thing is for certain: she's awfully darn cute.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Amy,
I think I am guilty of saying all those things to you! I will have to come up with something more original to say the next time I see you!